The wonderful people of Darlington have planned a special benefit for Gavin. Here are the details:
- 4:00 p.m. – Dinner / Start of Silent Auction
- Followed by Entertainment
- 7:00 p.m. – Start of Live Auction
Tickets costs are $10 for adults, $5 for children, and children who are 2 or under will be admitted for free.
The event will be held at:
Ranch House Lanes
17096 State Hwy 23
Darlington, WI 53530
Please contact Jay Winslow via email at email@example.com with any questions regarding the event.
Friday, February 23, 2007 is Gavin Ryne Winslow’s first birthday! This is another HUGE milestone for this amazing baby.
Help us celebrate and give thanks for our special miracle by sending all of your family and friends to Gavin’s guestbook to write a special birthday message to Gavy and his family.
Thank you to everyone who has helped Gavin in some way. Whether it be attending or organizing one of his fundraisers, telling a friend or family member about his website, talking about him on TV and radio, giving a donation, or sending a prayer above for his well being, you have made our family so grateful by being so kind to Gavy. Thank you for continuing to walk with him as he continues his journey.
Once again we are grateful to have been offered the opportunity to participate in the Care to Share Community Day fundraiser of Saturday, March 3rd, hosted by Bon-Ton and Elder-Beerman. Learn more about this event at www.communitydayevent.com.
Here’s how it works:
- We have coupon booklets for you to sell at $5 each.
- Each booklet contains $10 coupon good on almost any merchandise item of $10 or more (customers spend $5 for the booklet and get $10 back on their first purchase!), eight coupons for up to 20% off, and offers for three great bonus items, available on Care to Share Community Day only, which is Saturday, March 3rd.
- 100% of the $5 coupon booklet price is ours to keep for baby Gavin.
The coupons are good at these participating stores at any of their locations:
- Boston Store
- Carson Pirie Scott
If anyone is interested in selling these booklets please contact Jane Schwalbach at 262-549-6129 or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We especially would like to thank Ms. Linda German, a cherished new friend of baby Gavin’s for this opportunity. You are absolutely right Linda, “together we can make a difference;” we feel privileged to have received your special invitation.
The Lake Mills Fire Department is hosting a spaghetti dinner. The dinner will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 20th at the Lake Mills Fire Department. For driving directions, click here.
Two toy firetrucks will be auctioned, with all of those proceeds going to Gavin.
A bounce house, obstacle course, and a cake walk are some of the activities planned for children attending the event.
Many thanks to the Lake Mills Fire Department and Angie Hallmark for their help with the auction for Gavin.
The Chilton Council (Calumet 2556) Knights of Columbus is sponsoring a benefit breakfast this Sunday, January 14th at the Chilton Eagles Club from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. So, if you’re hungry and want to get away from the city, as well as enjoy a scenic drive through the country, we invite you to stop in for this early-morning gala.
The Chilton Eagles Club is located at 1041 E. Chestnut Street in Chilton, Wisconsin. The phone number is 920-849-9223. To get directions to the Chilton Eagles Club, click here.
On Sunday, January 28, 2007, we will be holding a bowl-a-thon fundraiser for Gavin – “Bowlin’ for Gavin”. This will be a fun, family-friendly event and also a great way to get friends together to raise money for Gavin’s transplant-related expenses.
There will be a donation box at our â€œBowlinâ€™ for Gavinâ€ check-in table for those who wish to contribute cash or checks to Gavinâ€™s fund. All checks should be made out to COTA with â€œDonation In Honor Of Gavin Winslowâ€ in the memo of the check.
||Bowlin’ for Gavin Bowl-a-thon
- Sunday, January 28, 2007
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Classic Lanes Bowling Alley
- 5404 W. Layton Avenue, Greenfield. For driving directions, click here.
- Purchase tickets for bowling, pizza and drink the day of the event at our “Bowlin’ for Gavin” check-in table at the door.
- Adults: $10, Kids under ten: $5 – for three games with free shoe rental.
- Bumper bowling available for the kids.
- Purchase pizzas and pitchers of beer or soda and earn money for Gavin.
- Silent auction items for bid from various vendors.
- No limit to the number of games you can bowl.
Many thanks to Classic Lanes owner Gina Daroszewski for her generosity and to Jill Albrecht for her assistance in obtaining the venue for this event. And another big thank you to Samantha Christianasen for helping with the auction items.
For more information, contact Steven Schwalbach at email@example.com.
Kurt Lakatos, the owner of Krav Maga-Milwaukee, has generously offered to conduct two self-defense seminars at his studio. All proceeds will go to Gavin’s fund. To view the event flyer, click here.
Defense from the Ground – Krav Maga Milwaukee, with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu expert Jon Friedland, will introduce you to the dangers of ground fighting and how to maximize your chance of survival in this dangerous environment.
||Defense from the Ground
- Saturday, January 6, 2007
- Noon to 2:00 p.m.
- Krav Maga-Milwaukee Studio
- 17000 W. Capitol Drive, Brookfield. For driving directions, click here.
- Tickets $30 in advance, $40 at the door. Space is limited, register early.
- For tickets, contact: Kurt at 262-412-3757
To find out more about Krav Maga Training and Kurt’s studio, please visit their website at www.kravmaga-milwaukee.com.